This term comes under the umbrella of self storage. The term applied to facilities that offer do-it-yourself, month-to-month storage space rental. They are also sometimes referred to as “Mini Storage,” or, incorrectly as “Mini Warehouses”. Self Storing differs greatly from warehousing because it is a landlord/tenant relationship.
Business opt for self storing for various reasons, the most common of which is the need to free up or to cut down on expensive office space, for use as a small scale warehouse, distribution service or as an archive. Business users are often given preferential access to general facilities – an added advantage if you use a unit as a distribution point for stock that may need to be dispatched at short notice and at odd times. The most common uses for businesses storage include:
- Archiving documents, files and paperwork.
- Freeing up office space by storing items that aren’t needed on a daily basis.
- Storing office furniture and equipment.
- Storing stock, either full-time or on a seasonal basis.
- Storing office equipment and files during a move.
- As a small-scale distribution centre.
- As a store for excess stock, reps’ sales samples and display or exhibition equipment
- Storing office supplies, allowing businesses to buy in bulk and gain discounts.
Whatever your personal storing needs, the chances are you’ll find a solution in self storing. The self storing industry has seen a boom over the past few years as individuals and families realize that this is a cheaper and more flexible solution than traditional storage.
There are hundreds of reasons why people opt for self-storing for personal use, the most common of which include:
- To simply free up space in your home.
- As a store for all or part of your personal possessions while you move house or are between houses.
- When moving from a large home to a smaller one.
- To keep personal clutter out of your home while you are trying to sell it.
- To help with space as a family expands.
- To keep valuable and personal items secure while taking an extended holiday if you’re renting out your home whilst away.
- To keep collections and memorabilia in one place.
- To store seasonal items such as garden furniture or tools if you don’t have a dry place or space to keep them at home.
- To store clothes on a seasonal basis – i.e. your winter wardrobe is in storage in summer and changed for your summer wardrobe in winter.
- As a space for recreational vehicles when not in use – these can include boats, motor homes, caravans, motorcycles and cars.
- For students to store their personal possessions during holiday periods when they have to move off campus. Students also take up self-storage units after graduation before they decide where they will ultimately move.
- As temporary storage for personal items whilst decorating.
- To store sports equipment and bulky leisure items such as surfboards or windsurfers, either on a seasonal or permanent basis.
Garage Storage – Your garage is most likely one of the largest rooms in your house, and stores some of your most valuable assets. With a little planning and a modest investment you can transform your garage from a junkroom to a calm and organized garage storage space.
Storage Bins – Versatile, economical storage for small parts, components, food, toys, recycling, anything you require for your storing needs.
Storage Boxes – Whether its out off season clothes, gifts, sports equipment, your historical files or any other item around the home or office, here you will find useful resources and links to storage boxes providers.
Moving and Storage – Whether you’re moving locally or long distance, here you will find assistance in finding local and long distance moving companies and storage rentals. Moving and storage links and basic useful information.
Vehicle Storage – All kinds of vehicles get stored for the winter, ranging from a convertibles reserved for sunny days to a car or truck. Because cars and trucks were made to be driven regularly, storage or any prolonged period of non-use can really take its toll. Vehicle storage.
Storage USA – Storage USA wants this to be a positive experience for you, there customer. They can advise you on moving services, packing supplies, and unit size needed. They will do everything possible to insure that your goods in storage are safe and secure.
Storage Furniture – Cleaning your plastic lawn furniture is easily using a hot soapy water with a cup of baking soda. This will keep your furniture looking great year after year. Storage Furniture.
Portable Storage – A new term is the self storage industry. It is however catching on and more and more facilities are providing portable storage solutions.
Storage Facilities – There are a wide variety of storage facilities all over the planet, the storage industrys roots are firmly based in the USA, however the trend is rapidly moving to Europe.
Storage Bags – There are bags available for all manner of requirements both domestically and commercially. Its a vey broad spectrum but one where you will be able to find the storage bag solution you are looking for. Storage Bags.