Storage Shed Kits
All buildings are versatile, strong, safe, easy to build and easy to expand with no maintenance hassles. Engineered to take on the worst weather conditions on the planet, quality buildings have survived hurricanes, blizzards, hailstorms, earthquakes and even fire. Storage shed kits are stronger than you think!
- Decide how much storage space you need. A lean to shed 6 feet (1.8 m) long and 3 to 4 feet (.9 to 1.2 m) wide is big enough for tools and might cost a few hundred dollars. If you’ll be storing a lawn mower and more, look for a freestanding shed measuring 6 by 8 feet (1.8 by 2.4 m), which will cost $1,000 or more. These kind of storage shed kits are available.
- Consider the material not only for looks but for what you need to store. Cedar siding is long lasting, readily available and weathers to a gray color, or you can paint or stain it with wood preservative to keep it brown. Vinyl siding that looks like wood is a less expensive and even longer-lasting alternative. Metal sheds heat up quickly to high temperatures in the summer, so they’re not recommended for storing gasoline or other volatile liquids and fertilizers.
- Make sure the entrance is wide enough to get a cart, wheelbarrow and other equipment comfortably through the door, say, 3 feet (.9 m).
- Choose a combination greenhouse and storage shed to maximize the pace. One measuring 8 by 10 feet (2.4 by 3 m) can accommodate both tools and plants, with special shelves for setting seedlings out. The most popular storage shed kits.
- Take advantage of features to help you work: windows and skylights for natural light, benches for work space, ramps for easier wheeled entry (sometimes given as bonus material when purchasing storage shed kits from certain places).
- Visualize how the shed will look in your yard. Even a small one can seem large. Landscaping around it with shrubs and trees can make it blend into the garden.
Storage Shed Kits
For people without a garage or basement to store their garden necessities, a prefabricated shed can be a lifesaver. Storage shed kits for every budget are available at home and garden centers, and online websites (see external links on the right). Choose a size and material that works with your space, and you can keep your tools, bags of soil, lawn mower and assorted junk out of sight and safe from the elements.
- Do-it-yourselfers can pick up a storage shed kits or buy plans and build one on their own.
- If you’re willing to pay twice the money for the convenience, you can have a prebuilt shed delivered and installed by one of the large home improvement stores (see links).
- Consider turning your shed into a potting room come springtime. You can pot up seedlings or sit down with a cup of coffee while you plan your next harvest and think what a good job you did with the storage shed plans you got.
What to look for: Appropriate size Type of material Special features
Outdoor Storage Sheds – Before installing storage units, lay down cinder blocks, concrete piers, a concrete slab or at least crushed stone. But don’t stop there. Make sure the supports underlying the floor are made of pressure treated wood.
Vinyl Storage Shed – Many homeowners reach a point where a new vinyl storage shed is a option to hold tools and equipment that have overflowed the garage and basement.
Free Storage Shed Plan – You donīt have to be a carpenter to build from free Storage Shed Plan. All details are figured out the angles and worked out the measurements. Most plan comes with a complete shopping list, construction details, step-by-step instructions and photography.
Storage Shed Kits – Storage Shed kits are available for most of your needs. While ideal for storing all things recreational, like boats, campers, airplanes, motorcycles and classic cars, outdoor storage shed kits can be the answer to virtually any kind of shelter or storage need.
Plastic Storage Shed – Plastic sheds are perfect for people who are looking for a maintenance free way to keep their tools and other items clean and safe from all kinds of weather.
Storage Barns – Simply because storage barns offers the best protection against damaging elements. It is afforded for farmers alike and gives piece of mind that his livestock are safe and dry. The barn building is a dependable storage solution and has been for many years.
Wood Storage Sheds – Whether you’re looking for a small storage shed or a garage sized wood storage shed, a reputable online shed supplier will have a variety of wooden storage sheds from which to choose. Wood Storage Sheds.