Tips to make your storage experience as pleasant as possible!
Deciding on a Unit
- Call storage companies to find out what size units are available, prices and vacancy information.
- Choose the unit size that best meets your needs. Use our size estimator to make an educated guess.
- Meet with the manager of the storage rentals facility and discuss the price, deposit and rental agreement.
- Ask about security features of the facility (alarms, motion detectors, video surveillance, guards, security gates).
- Get a copy of the contract, contact information, as well as the hours of operation for the facility.
- Inspect the unit that you will be renting. It should be clean, well maintained and secure.
- Make a list of all items you plan to store in your storage rentals facility.
- Purchase a lock when necessary (some facilities offer them for free).
- Gather boxes and packing supplies. Remember that you may need large boxes for lamps and other decorations, plastic sheets for covering furniture, china cartons for dishes and bubble wrap/fill paper for packing valuables.
- Call the manager of the storage rentals facility and confirm your move-in date and time.
- Make arrangements for transporting your items to the storage facility.
Packing your Belongings into your Storage Rentals Facility
- Use only sturdy boxes and containers for storing your items.
- Label all containers and boxes.
- Fill containers to capacity and fill in space with packing material.
- Pack heavier items in small boxes.
- Secure mirrors, paintings and pictures in mirror boxes and pack them on edge.
- Dissemble lamps, tables, barstools and other furnishings as applicable. Wrap pieces individually and store securely in boxes.
- Wrap wooden table legs and chairs to avoid scratches.
- Cover sofas with plastic wrap or sheets so that they do not gather dust, and stack them on end.
- Cover dressers with sheets or plastic wrap so you can stack boxes on top.
- Fill drawers and appliances with small items to conserve space.
- Pack books flat and avoid placing them directly on the unit floor (place on a pallet or sheet).
- Wrap dishes and other breakables individually, layering padding at the top and bottom of the box.
- Clothing is best stored clean and in hanging cartons. These may be available through the storage company or can be purchased at a moving supply store.
- Place items in the order that you will need to access them – those that will be readily used should be placed in the front of the storage unit.
- Before moving in pieces of large furniture, cover the ground with blankets or sheets.
- Do not lean furniture against outside walls.
- Place tabletops face down on the floor of your storage rentals facility(remember to lay the blanket or sheet on the ground to avoid scratching).
- Leave appliance doors cracked open so that moisture does not build within.
- Do not store food! This will attract mice and other pests. Storage rentals facilities will not allow food to be stored.
- Arrange boxes so that the labels are facing out and easily read.
- Stack boxes in a manageable manner. Put large, heavy boxes on the bottom.
- Leave a walkway so that you can access your items as needed.
Seasonal Storage – RV storage, vehicle storage, document archive, storage rental, moving and relocation services, mini-warehouse and seasonal storage, are all good reasons to consider renting storage space.
Public Storage – Public storage facilities can offer climate control, 24/7 access, personal unit keys, and access from interior hallways to name but a few. Usually, dollies for moving customer goods are provided as a customer service tool. Public Storage
Removals and Storage – Whether you moving home, business, even country here you will find information on removals and storage.
Outdoor Storage – Domestically a poolside cabana, an attractive playhouse (for all ages!), or an ideal backyard garden retreat. Commercially, owning outdoor storage could increase revenue.
Home Storage – There are many tip for home storage. Here you will see a selection of ideas. Furthermore some links both internal and external all home storage based.
Storage Rentals – When packing smaller objects fill boxes completely, stuffing open areas with plain paper to prevent collapsing when stacked. Storage Rentals.
Storage Ideas – Make more room in your home with some great storage tips and ideas for everthing from the garage to the kitchen and bathroom. Also, check out stylish ideas toadd storage to any area of your home with our links. Storage Ideas.
Storage Space – Choose a self storage unit that’s too small and you won’t be able to fit all your items in it. Opt for one that’s too big and you’ll be wasting money on space you’re not using. Storage Space
Removals Storage Packing – If you are moving home or office, removing furnitiure or goods, need packing and storage or transport services. Removals Storage Packing.