Salaries For Self Storage Managers
Being a storage manager is not an easy job. I get such a laugh out of those people without self-storage experience who call me to be placed in a manager’s position. The first thing they say is, It looks like such an easy job. All you have to do is chat with people, rent a few units, collect the rent, and just sit back and watch the time go by. Plus you get a free apartment! If these people only knew a site manager wears many different hats: salesperson, collections agent, lien-sale expert, maintenance person, security guard, office manager, supervisor to relief staff and psychologist to tenants. Not to mention most on-site managers are a team or married couple, and it takes a very special and talented person to work and live with a spouse 24/7. Pamela Alton, owner of Mini- Management Services.
Personnel – Salaries For Self Storage Managers
Field personnel development
- Hiring to be processed through company procedures with multiple interviews
- Firings to be reviewed by Operations Director re legal implications
- Counsel employees re disciplinary actions
- Review and approve payroll/timesheets – submit to Human Resources
- Review and approve requests for time off/vacations with managers
- Salary/job performance reviews (review and approval by Operations Director)
Marketing – Salaries For Self Storage Managers
- Coordination with Marketing Director re marketing strategies and implementation
- Consultation with Marketing Director re initiation and success/failure of programs.
- Coordination with Marketing Director re updates/upgrades to website.
- Review Market Surveys, identifying market changes with recommendations to Operations Director resulting in increase sales
Sales – Salaries For Self Storage Managers
- Coordination with Sales Director identifying training requirements and sales techniques
- Consultation with Sales Director re training programs for individual managers
- Customer Support
- Continuous review with managers as to how best to satisfy and retain customers
- Lien Process/Auction Proceedings
- Monitor auction sales assuring compliance with California Law
- Audit project files for compliance with lien process and auction proceedings
- Coordinate and schedule auction dates with auctioneer 1 yr. In advance
Maintenance – Salaries For Self Storage Managers
- Review project maintenance issue re cleanliness, curb appeal, repair needs
- Report to Operations Director needs of substantial repairs / facility damage
- Monitor and assess security needs at projects
- Answer inquiries re Taskmaster issues ( with backup from Operations Director)
- Counsel managers with issues regarding proper computer procedures
London Self-Storage – SelfStorage-London.com.Self-Storage businesses in the UK and Europe are supported by the Self-Storage Association, now established over 7 years, which continues to see a steady 20% growth at its annual conferences and this pattern looks set to continue.