An important element of an organized home office is having the right storage solutions. You may only require bookcases in your home office or more specific storage solutions. Building your own customized storage solutions such as bookcases is a great way to individualize your home office and ensure you have enough storage to meet your needs.
When your work office or home office is clean and organised, it’s much easier to work more efficiently and stay safe. Spending more time searching for things than actually working is no way to succeed.
Paper, paper everywhere. Piles of paper and folders cover your desk and perhaps even the floor. It can be very difficult to find what you need when you need it most.
- STOP whatever you are doing right now.
- Start with the papers on the floor and start putting them away properly.
- Next work on the papers on your desk.
- Make sure all files have all the proper documents and folders are mixed up.
- If you have scraps of papers with notes on them, combine all notes and write onto one page or start a notebook.
- Consider buying some office storage furniture.
Keeping your office tidy will take time and work to make sure things don’t get out of hand.
- Make a weekly clean up schedule.
- At the end of each day, leave your office tidy.
- File all papers as soon as you are done with them into the approprialt office storage solution.
Tangles of cords and unorganized equipment can lead to serious safety problems.
- Make sure you use surge protectors.
- Don’t overload electrical outlets.
- Organize your cords with wire/cable management systems.
- Make sure none of your equipment have no frayed or split wires. Office Storage.