There can be many reasons why you would need to use outside storage for large items such as boats or recreation vehicles. You may not have enough room on your property or even if you do, local ordinances or municipal laws may not allow you to store these large items on your property. You may need to store large items seasonally such as boats which are in the water in the summer however they may need to be in storage in the winter to prevent damage.
Different storage facilities offer different storage options and depending on your needs you should only use a facility than meets all of your non negotiable needs.
Many boat or yacht storage companies may offer services such as docking and launching. In fact it is not uncommon for these companies to offer a range of goods and services related to the items they store.
Some car storage companies also offer some of these services however this is not as common. Some of the services offered may include:
- General repairs on cars, boats or other RV?s
- Sales and purchase of new and used vehicles
- Repairs of osmotic blisters for boats or yachts
- Gloss finishing
- High pressure power washing
- General Repairs such as mast repairs for boat or body work for vehicles.
- Bottom painting and buffing on boats
- General servicing of vehicles such as winterising.
- Launch and haul out to storage
- Cleaning, waxing and detailing.
- Accessory sale and installation
- Docking, launch ramps
- Fuel service
- Boat rental
Car Storage – Storing a car can be tricky, adding unnecessary miles to keep the vehicle ‘in tune’ could decrease it’s value and risk further damage, yet not using it can also do harm to things like the the brake system, fuel system, suspension bushings and various other components. Car Storage.